Your computer is an investment that will serve your academic needs throughout your time in college. Labouré students may elect to use either Apple or Windows computers. We do not have any specific hardware requirements so we offer these tips for students:
- Try out a few computers at a retailer like Best Buy, MicroCenter, Target, or Walmart to see what is most comfortable.
- Choose something that is solidly built and has an extended manufacturer's warranty. The computer should last for at least the duration of the student's enrollment.
- Pay attention to the size and weight of the laptop. It needs to be both comfortable to use and transportable.
- A backup device (cloud service, external hard drive, or flash drive) is highly recommended.
- Avoid using iPads, Android tablets, and Chromebooks as primary devices.
- Classroom podiums require a VGA or HDMI port on the laptop in order to connect. If the laptop does not have that connector, make sure to purchase an adapter.
- As a part of the Office 365 program, an installation of Microsoft Office and a cloud-based version of Microsoft Office are available to all students. Documents can be saved and accessed, edited and shared using the student's OneDrive on any computer with an internet connection. It can be accessed by logging in to student webmail and selecting OneDrive from the top bar.
- We offer 1TB of space in the cloud for students using OneDrive. It can be accessed from student webmail.
- Virus protection is recommended for all computers. We recommend AVG AntiVirus Free for Mac OS X, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Apple - Discounts can be found in Apple Retail Stores with a Labouré ID or online at http://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop
Dell - Go to http://www.dell.com/mpp and enter your Labouré email address during checkout.
HP - Academic discounts are not currently available for Staff and Faculty.
Lenovo - Go to http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/portals/stu... then select Massachusetts and Labouré College from the drop down menus.
Make sure to use your @Labouré.edu email address when purchasing. Larger retailers such as Best Buy, Target, and Walmart do not typically offer discounts.